Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Kid's Camp



"But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”- Matthew 19:14 (ESV)


Tomorrow (Wednesday) morning over 150 children and leaders head north to Camp Pinnacle for Kid's Camp 2012. I am so excited to be apart of this event this year. There is nothing like the energy, fun, and Lifechange that happens at summer camp. 


I think back to the summer of 1986 when I attended a summer camp Brookhaven Christian Camp in Hawkins, Texas. I registered because my parents insisted and was honestly dreading the experience. It turned out to be one of the most incredible weeks of my life. I had so much fun with my friends playing games, swimming, and being in the outdoors. On that Thursday evening of camp, I heard the gospel, responded in faith to the grace of God through Christ, and my life was changed for eternity! The next year at that same camp, I surrendered to full-time Christian ministry. What a difference summer camp made in my life!


My prayer this week is that God will use Kid's Camp 2012 in the same way in some child's life as He did in mine way back in 1986. My prayer is that many of our kids will come to know Christ for the first time and that all of our kids will be better equipped to follow Jesus as they grow in Him this week. 


Please be in prayer for all of our kids, leaders, bible study leaders, speakers, and worship leaders. Pray for me tomorrow (Wednesday) evening as I share the gospel with our campers. Pray for Jim Battles as he leads in the messages the following two evenings. 


Let us as a church be expectant in what God might do in the lives of our kids! Let us as a church be expectant in what God might do every week as we gather for worship on Sundays! Let us as a church be expectant of what God might do in and through us individually and corporately as we FOLLOW Him in obedience every day! 


Blessings. Praying with you!


In Him,
Pastor Jim







No comments:

Post a Comment