Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mom!!!!!!!!!

Mom!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the sound I hear almost daily. Sometimes it comes as the result of instructions to pick up clothes, ipods, shoes, etc.... Sometimes is comes from the entreaty to "hurry up or you will be late for school". Sometimes it comes from an honest (and truthful) evaluation of a problem or dilema facing one of our girls. And sometimes (and I love this one) it comes from a good natured joke or the healthy, loving relationship between mother and daughters.

Regardless of the context, one thing strikes me when I hear that glorious word spoken. We need Mom! Her name is not always spoken with the respect and honor it is due, but just speaking it demonstrates the need none the less. And though moms may get weary of hearing their name spoken over and over day in and day out, I am sure deep down that it serves to validate their call to such a lofty position.

As we move toward Mother's Day this Sunday, let me say to my mom, my wife and mother of our girls, and to all moms everywhere, how thankful we are for you and all you are and do for us. For those who no longer have their moms with them, let me encourage you to think back on her (which I know you will do this weekend) and give thanks for what she has meant (and still means) in your life.

Moms, we know you aren't perfect, and none would claim to be, but with all of our hearts we say thank you and we love you for who you are. May God bless you and may you have a wonderful Mother's Day this year. Blessings.

Pastor Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment