Saturday, November 17, 2012

"Give Thanks"

My two favorite holidays of the year are Thanksgiving and Christmas. I think this is the case for several reasons. 

1. They are designated times of rest from work, school, and the routine of daily life. 
2. They are time spent with extended family that we don't get to see often enough. 
3. They are both in the fall/winter, which is my favorite time of year. 
4. We are traveling on at least one of these holidays and I love to travel!
5. Thanksgiving/Christmas Dinner! 'nough said!
6. Football!
7. Most importantly, they are designated times for all of us to reflect and celebrate on the goodness and provision of God in our lives. 

This Thanksgiving, I give thanks for many things. 

1. God's goodness, love, and faithfulness as He displays His character and love through the blessings given in my life. 
2. My wonderful wife and children. 
3. My extended family. 
4. My church family. How thankful I am to God for His call on our lives to come to Fayetteville First Baptist Church this year and for all that He is doing for His Name and Kingdom's sake through this local body. 
5. For God's provision of a new house and new community. 
6. For friends new and old. 
7. For the blessing and opportunity to weekly serve Him through this local Body and to preach the gospel. 


What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving week? How has God blessed you this year? What are those things that you take for granted that should be cause for an offering of thanksgiving to God? 

My challenge for you this week is to intentionally give thanks to God through Jesus Christ for everything He has given you and for his goodness, love, and faithfulness in your life. 

"Give thanks to the LORDfor he is good; his love endures forever." Psalm 118:1 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment