Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Happy Independence Day!

I'll never forget July 1976. I had just turned 7 years old. My family lived in Westerville, Ohio. It was the year of our country's bicentennial and the town was decked out with all the Americana you could handle. I remember attending BBQ's and block parties. I remember fireworks and hot dogs.


I can't believe it has been 36 years since that experience. This year my family and I will travel to NC to visit family, partake in BBQ, and watch fireworks. Though our world has come so far since 1976, it is amazing how some things stay the same. My prayer for this week is that we would not take for granted the freedom we have to celebrate the incredible country in which we live, to spend time with our families, and to worship our God without fear of retribution. 


I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July week! May God bless you and may we be thankful! 


Pastor Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment